In any space (recording studio), you should avoid parallel surface:
*Perfect square is Not good for recording studio design (∵ cause Parallel cancellation)
- Parallel cancellation (See the Top picture)
1) Density: The Number of reflections in a space
2) Diffusion: The number of reflective angles in a space
Density: Hi => thick sound | Low => thin sound
Diffusion: Hi => smooth sound | Low => harsh sound
1) Monaural (Mono): 1 receptor
- No localization capacity
- has depth/distance perception
*Depth perception is based on:
i) Direct Sound/Reverb ratio
ii) Hi-freq. content
ex) in Mixing:
Fore ground ==> 90% Dir. / 10% Rev.
Mid ground ==> 70% Dir. / 30% Rev.
Back ground ==> 40% Dir. / 60% Rev.
*Also, as distance increases, Hi-freq. content decreases*
< Copyright ⓒ The Music Telegraph :: Prohibit reprinting and redistribution >
Acoustics (popular articles)