Synthesizer: The Functions of Filter (2)
1. Function as a means of transforming tone
- The function as a means of transforming tone is the main function of the synthesizer filter, and it is necessary to separate the desired partial frequency and the unwanted partial frequency to make the tone.
- The general application of filters as a means of transforming tone is the way of blocking high frequencies by specifying appropriate Cutoff using Low-Pass Filter.
- Most instruments show this type of spectral change. The purpose here is to get the desired tone.
- The change of Cutoff value is usually done through envelope of sound, velocity of a note and keyboard scaling.
- Depending on the state of the Envelope, the Cutoff value changes at any time. At the same time, the velocity or keyboard provides information to the filter.
< Copyright ⓒ The Music Telegraph :: Prohibit reprinting and redistribution >
Synthesizer Related Articles
MIDI (popular articles)